Rhapsody Of Realities (Tuesday, June 6th 2017)

The Love-Way
Pastor Chris 

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God (1 John 4:7).

The greatest power in the world is love. The love-way is the right way. Jesus didn’t get offended at those who abused and tortured Him; rather He said, “…Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do…” (Luke 23:34). So, why would a Christian get so offended by someone who said something against him and say, “In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command their house to burn; I command fire upon their heads”; that’s unwise.



Some people go to the extent of studying a book of curses to learn how to curse others, despite what the Bible says, “Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not” (Romans 12:14). As a Christian, you’re called to bless. James 3:11-12 asks, “Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.”```

Never be so offended to the point of pouring invectives on others. Remember, you have a wholesome tongue that speaks healing, life and righteousness; so use it only to bless. Don’t let anger dominate or rule you. Those who are ruled by anger can’t handle spiritual authority; they can’t use the Name of Jesus for the higher things of life. Ephesians 4:26 says, “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.”

You must tame and dominate anger, as well as impatience, frustration and hatred. You were born to love; refuse to allow anything agitate you to act otherwise. Even those that set themselves up to be your enemies, according to the words of Jesus, are still deserving of love: “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you” (Matthew 5:44).

We’re to love others selflessly and unconditionally as Christ has loved us: “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren” (1 John 3:16).

                   

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your love, which is the hallmark of my life. I love unconditionally, because that’s my nature in Christ. I live in peace, joy and blessings, free of every unnecessary weight of anger and malice, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 NIV If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:1-18,
1 Chronicles 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 15:15-24,
Deuteronomy 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW MMM-NIGERIA WORKS WORKS (Make extra income)