How to Have a Great Day (Friday 18th March 2016)

Daily Devotional
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
**He Leads Us In Love**
Friday 18th March:
Pastor Chris PhD

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another
(John 13:35).

Walking in love is a primary way to tell that a Christian is being led by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only leads us in love. He’ll never lead you in such a way as to hate anyone, be proud, arrogant or express unrestrained anger.

In walking with the Lord, one of the things He seeks to accomplish in your life is to have His love fully expressed through you, such that you’re patient, meek, kind and not easily provoked. James 1:19 (GNB) says, “...Everyone must be quick to listen, but slow to speak and slow to become angry.”



People with uncontrolled temper do foolish things, which is why the Bible says, “Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools” (Ecclesiastes 7:9). Decide that there’ll never be anybody anywhere that you’ll begrudge, dislike, or be bitter against. It doesn’t matter the extent of hatred you experience from others, you’re only permitted to love them. That’s the life of a true Christian.

Always, the Holy Spirit inspires us to love, because you never lose when you walk in love. Your actions and inactions, must pass the love-test. The Bible tells us that it’s better for you to suffer the pain; you should rather put up with injustice and be cheated than avenge the evil done to you (1 Corinthians 6:7). Consider Jesus: as they nailed Him to the cross and cursed Him, He looked up to heaven and said, “...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...” (Luke 23:34). That’s love!

Let love be your guide. Walk in love, as Christ also has loved you, and given Himself for you as an offering and a sacrifice to God (Ephesians 5:2). Yield yourself to the Holy Spirit, to lead you in love. Romans 8:14 says, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” It should be your utmost desire to experience the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit at all times; it’ll make your life excellent and full of glory. And walking in love makes this easy. Blessed be God!

Confession
I’m born to love; therefore, I express the love and compassion of Christ through my words and actions. Thank you, righteous Father, for the rich deposit of your love in my heart. Everyone I come in contact with will experience your unconditional love through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 AMP
IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion suchas is inspired by God’s love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody). Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 2:1-20 deuteronomy 11-12
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 28:21-31 Psalm 83-84
Leave comments on today’s devotional at www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW MMM-NIGERIA WORKS WORKS (Make extra income)